Small patches of itchy bumps on left palm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've had this problem for 4 years now, And no one can tell me why/what is wrong. It starts off with a itchy red patch on the palm of my left hand, And never goes anywhere else, just that one area. Then they turn into a cluster of tiny bumps or sometimes a few larger bumps that itch terribly. It has never spread to anywhere else on my body, or to anyone else. It first happened when i went to Texas and drove home, I thought it was blisters from driving so much, But then it came back over and over again. If it is the bigger bumps they turn into water blisters, and if popped water/blood come out of them, then they dry up and go away. What in the heck is this? I've tried cortisone cream but does not help, And why is it only on that small part of my body???

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
Hi, I have had what you are describing for a few years now and have been told so many things by many doctors & last night when looking on the web finally found something that sounds right! For me it is Dyshidrotic Excema - so might be for you too?.. Google it and see what you think? They say that to treat it by putting Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) to dry up the little blisters, and this clears it up within a week instead of many weeks. Good luck! :)