Small pus filled bumps on inside lower lip and one white bump under ton...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small pus filled bumps on inside lower lip and one white bump under tongue

I have two queries, lately i've found that i had some little blister like bumps on my lower inside lip, and one or two on my inside cheeks. they come and go from time to time and at first i thought this could be blocked saliva glands. They appear to be filled with fluid, and are transparent or pink in color. After these have gone they turn into a very light pink (hardly noticable) soft tissue, about 1-2mm in diameter although this might be due to them popping and it healing over as the tissue is damaged. The largest one i had was on my lip which was about 1.5-2.5mm in diameter so i doubt this would be a mucolele (sp) as they generally do not occur in the exact same spot as before. Also, under my tongue just to the left of the gland that connects the tongue to the tissue near the lower jaw i've found a bump about 3mm in diameter which is white in color, presumably puss. This white lump lies on almost the same line as the other red lumps which are fleshy and appear to be normal for under the tongue. I haven't experienced any mouth trauma lately that could inflict this, it suddenly just appeared out of nowhere almost, when i noticed this annoying thing in my mouth. Both of these symptoms (lower lip and under tongue) are painless. I'm healthy and only smoke on rare occasion and am sexually inactive, so its extremely doubtful its an STD. Anyways, i was just wondering what these are and how can i cure them, also and more importantly, are they contagious? Thanks for your time
this lump of pus is appearing in many parts of body from feet to lips, its painful and lasts for days. what should i do?i have seen doctors and they are saying it is infection. infection from what? what is causing it? what food i shouldn't eat or drink?is milk bad? is nonveg completely bad? what could reduce it?
Since the blister in your lips and under the tongue is painless, mucocele is an important possibility. It is a rubbery, bubblelike painless swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

The other possibility for such a swelling under the tongue is a blockage in a salivary duct, possibly caused by a salivary duct stone.

Usually a mucocele goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I have a large White bump as well, on my lower lip.. I do bite my lips alot and I dip tobacco also.. It appeared over night, and I am quite startled..