Small rash on base of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small rash on base of penis

After having sex with my wife, I noticed the next day a small rash on the top-side of the shaft of my penis, it is also a little raised.  I do not see any blisters or pimple like white heads.  It is a little itchy once in a while, but it doesn't burn/hurt at all and minor friction from clothes does not bother it.  The small rash is not even pea sized.  I figure this is some kind of dry skin condition from having sex, a minor infection, or something along those lines.  Any info or suggestions would be great, if it lasts for about a week I do plan on going to the doctor.
From the description of rash,it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub during intercourse or balanitis. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Thanks for the suggestions, I am already taking some of these steps.  If it persists until next week I will contact a dermatologist.  

Thank you
I will keep everything posted
Were you able to find out what was the problem? I'm having the same problem. Please let me know. Thank you.