Dermatology Expert Forum
Small red bump on upper lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small red bump on upper lip

I have a small red bump on my upper lip, it allmost looks like a very small blister. It just appeared there about two monthes ago. I am the only one who can see it, as it's allmost inside my mouth. It's pritty small, and I don't think it's a wart or cold sore. I have looked at pictures of these, and it doesnt act or look like ether one. It does not hurt or bleed unless I pick at it. I can feel it though. And I fear a future boyfriend may also feal it when we kiss. It does get irritated when I whipe off lip stick or food. But it's not painfull at all,just annoying because it's not a natrual part of my lip. I have never had any problems with my lips,other thain them being chaped once in awile. If I lift up my lip a bit, it can be seen. It will not go away, it never changes if I leave it alone. I want it gone now. I want my kissing confidence back. What could this be, and can I get rid of it?
It certainly doesn't sound serious.  It could be a small more or collection of blood vessels.  If it really robs you of your confidence, I suppose a dermatologist could cauterize it (buzz it with electricity) in about a second.  You should consider aming an appointment to go and ask about what it is and whether it can be removed that easily.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff