Dermatology Community
Small red bumps around nose - not itchy, what are they?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small red bumps around nose - not itchy, what are they?

Hi there. I'm 20 years old and for about a year and a half now I've noticed a couple of small red bumps by my nose. They are actually more like pink, are quite small (not pin-point sized but relatively small), and do not itch or anything. In other words, I only notice them because of their appearance. They are slightly raised. I didn't think anything of it until they never went away, and I unfortunately worry I'm seeing one or two more now. Does anyone know what these may be, and should I go to the doctor?

I do use Neutrogena Acne Cream cleanser, Neutrogena on-the-spot, and some sunscreen on my face regularly. I am very light-skinned and have acne so these are all necessary. I can try to take a photo but I'm not sure if I can get a good enough one to show.

Thanks! Tell me I'm not dying!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1034192_tn?1383278055
You are not dying!!  I think they are just clogged pores like a pimple but without the head.  Show them to a pharmacist or make up counter person, perhaps they can offer some advice.  Just be careful they dont sell you something expensive.
Blank
Thanks for the reply! I actually went to the doctor and they said they were just some sort of papule that I should keep an eye on, and if they get larger or I get more of them I should go to a dermatologist. Hopefully I won't need to :(
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
One of the possibility for such bumps is actinic keratosis. The other possibilities are fibrous papules of the nose and trichoepithelioma. Actinic keratosis is small, rough spot occurring on skin that has been chronically exposed to the sun. It can be diagnosed by examination and biopsy skin. I suggest you to get a biopsy skin done from a dermatologist so as to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...