Small red bumps on back of my thighs and butt
I have had persistant small red bumps on the back of my thighs and a little on my butt. The use of an exfolliant helps sometimes but I have had these since I was a child (I am 24 now) and have not been able to find a long term fix. Is this a common condition? Can anything be done to smooth my skin in  those areas?
From the symptoms it looks like folliculitis or sebaceous cysts. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.