Dermatology Expert Forum
Small red bumps w/ crater on penis?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small red bumps w/ crater on penis?

I am a 25 year old male and about a month and a half ago, I belive I had eczema on my scrotom and left hand side of my penis.  I assumed it came from me putting myself under alot pf pressure and stress. I put some hydrocortisone 1% and it was gone within days.  No worries.  Now a month later after have sex with my girlfriend, I get out of the shower to see a small bump(pimple looking) on my penis.  About an inch up a red bump that hasn't come to a head.  Then about two days later one more pops up on the bottom.  I didn't think anything of it, but now a week later they are not gone, and have tiny scabs on them.  After showers, the scabs appear to be gone, and there is a crater(not big, but a small indention on the top of the bump)I have been putting peroxide which gets the scabs off and putting neosporin type cream, but they aren't gone.

I of course have seen all the pictures now for herpes and read about it, and freaked myself out.  I don't have any of the symptoms other than red bumps.  They do not appear to be blisters or have anything leaking.  They are all about an inch away and not grouped.  I even touched one and touched another part to see if it would spread.  Nothing popped up.  I also do not have pain when I urinate, have an erection, or have sex.  I had sex one time after the first two appeared, and the third came up a day or two later.  I have not had sex since.

I am hoping that these are either bites or some type of irritation from sex, be it pubic hair growing out and being prickly or something along those lines.

I also performed oral sex on her, and have not had anything pop up on my face...

Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I agree that your description does not match herpes very well.  Still, the only way to reassure yourself and find out what these actually are is to see a doctor.  Meantime, please leave them alone, and don't pop them.  Put an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin or neosporin on gently once or twice a day, while you're waiting to be seen.  More than likely you will find out that they are blocked pores.  The timing and behavior favor this possibility.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
5 Comments
Blank
Geez, sorry for so many typos.  I think I was in a hurry or something :)  There are 3 total sores.  After reading, it was somewhat unclear.  I am just scared, worried, upset, anxious, you name it.  Thank you very much internet :)
Blank
Also, last night I did have a pain in my lymph nodes, but no swelling from what I could see.  Could these bumps, just be infected or could it be caused by sitting the same way or in an awkward position?
Blank
Well, it is a good thing it has taken a day or two for you to respond.  I am going to the doctor today to get this looked at.  Another has popped up, and I am too freaked out.

Since I did pay, I would still like to hear what you have to say. :)  My doctor could be an idiot in this matter.
Blank
I have alos had the same problm, is seems to be almost pimple like. i did pop it and it produced a bit of puss, when i squeezed realy hard a small solid white stuff came out. this was soft and almost like a bit of wet paper or something, really weird. ive only got 2 and no more seem to be coming. :-/
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker