Dermatology Expert Forum
Small red bumps w/ crater on penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small red bumps w/ crater on penis?
I am a 25 year old male and about a month and a half ago, I belive I had eczema on my scrotom and left hand side of my penis.  I assumed it came from me putting myself under alot pf pressure and stress. I put some hydrocortisone 1% and it was gone within days.  No worries.  Now a month later after have sex with my girlfriend, I get out of the shower to see a small bump(pimple looking) on my penis.  About an inch up a red bump that hasn't come to a head.  Then about two days later one more pops up on the bottom.  I didn't think anything of it, but now a week later they are not gone, and have tiny scabs on them.  After showers, the scabs appear to be gone, and there is a crater(not big, but a small indention on the top of the bump)I have been putting peroxide which gets the scabs off and putting neosporin type cream, but they aren't gone.

I of course have seen all the pictures now for herpes and read about it, and freaked myself out.  I don't have any of the symptoms other than red bumps.  They do not appear to be blisters or have anything leaking.  They are all about an inch away and not grouped.  I even touched one and touched another part to see if it would spread.  Nothing popped up.  I also do not have pain when I urinate, have an erection, or have sex.  I had sex one time after the first two appeared, and the third came up a day or two later.  I have not had sex since.

I am hoping that these are either bites or some type of irritation from sex, be it pubic hair growing out and being prickly or something along those lines.

I also performed oral sex on her, and have not had anything pop up on my face...

I agree that your description does not match herpes very well.  Still, the only way to reassure yourself and find out what these actually are is to see a doctor.  Meantime, please leave them alone, and don't pop them.  Put an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin or neosporin on gently once or twice a day, while you're waiting to be seen.  More than likely you will find out that they are blocked pores.  The timing and behavior favor this possibility.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Geez, sorry for so many typos.  I think I was in a hurry or something :)  There are 3 total sores.  After reading, it was somewhat unclear.  I am just scared, worried, upset, anxious, you name it.  Thank you very much internet :)
Also, last night I did have a pain in my lymph nodes, but no swelling from what I could see.  Could these bumps, just be infected or could it be caused by sitting the same way or in an awkward position?
Well, it is a good thing it has taken a day or two for you to respond.  I am going to the doctor today to get this looked at.  Another has popped up, and I am too freaked out.

Since I did pay, I would still like to hear what you have to say. :)  My doctor could be an idiot in this matter.
I have alos had the same problm, is seems to be almost pimple like. i did pop it and it produced a bit of puss, when i squeezed realy hard a small solid white stuff came out. this was soft and almost like a bit of wet paper or something, really weird. ive only got 2 and no more seem to be coming. :-/