DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Small red dots on both feet, ankles and legs
by Xeno89, Mar 13, 2014

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (caused by my anxiety).

For the past two months, I have noticed pin-sized red dots appearing on both my feet and ankles, only going up about 1/3 of my lower legs. These spots sometimes go away and then reappear. Today, I noticed it has come back, worse than it was before. It does not itch or hurt at all, I am totally oblivious to it.

Chronic medication I take is Stresam, Lansoloc and Movicol.

I take daily vitamin supplements: omega-3, zinc, magnesium, calcium, vitamin c, vitamin b, olive leaf extract, probiotics, digestive enzymes,  

Recent thorough blood tests that were done came back all normal.

Photos in the links:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97508653/2014-03-13%2017.53.49.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97508653/2014-03-13%2017.54.56.jpg

What could this be?

Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Apr 02, 2014
These can be due to petechiae. Petichiae are due to minute hemorrhage of blood below the skin. It is one of the findings in many disease condition. The diseases in which petichiae are seen are Dengue fever, Measles, Infectious mononucleosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura, Scarlet fever. You should a general physician for diagnosis and treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by Xeno89, Apr 15, 2014
Thank you for the reply!

I went to see a dermatologist who said it is eczema, prescribed me Elocon ointment, and completely went away within a few weeks.

Still puzzling that I could feel no bump and it did not change colour when I pressed on it.