Small red/purple colored dots under skin.
Im a 17 year old female. I have a small patch of red/purple colored dots on my thigh they look kind of like small bruises but i havent fallen or done anything to cause them. They are in a 2inch long line that is about a centimeter across on my inner thigh. Could this be some kind of insect bite?? Any help on what this could be would be greatly appreciated. I've posted a link to a picture of the dots below.

http://i52.tinypic.com/e878tc.jpg
From the symptoms it looks like small petechiael spots. They are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.