Small red spots on my wrists

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small red spots on my wrists

For a few years now I've had spots on my wrists that come and go. Usually, I get one spot on one wrist and then disappears after a while. Then, another spot appears on my other wrist that comes and goes as well. The spots are usually flat and seem to be under my skin. They are very tiny but it's interesting how they alternate between wrists. Any ideas as to what it could be? Thank you :-)
These spots can be petchiael spots or hives. Petchiae are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then other serious causes have to be ruled out. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.