Dermatology Expert Forum
Small secreting bumps on nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small secreting bumps on nose

For the last 12yrs or so I have been plagued with a strange condition that is persistent, and only appears on my nose. The skin on the bridge and nostrils seem to have hundreds of tiny open pores which secrete some kind semi solid, gel like puss or oil; whose color can be white but usually it's yellowish opague and semi firm in texture. The secretions always stop at outer most layer of skin giving my nose a very bumpy appearance with what looks like whiteheads encased at the peak of each bump. Although I know this is dangerous, I can squeeze out the puss, but this only "clears" the problem up for about 24hrs before the secretion is back. I've tried different cleaning solutions, and wash my face at least 2x per day to no avail. Now approaching my mid 20's I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sounds like you are describing oil glands, which are common on the nose and normal.  If you're oilier than you want to be, facials are helpful.  You can't stop oil production without messing with the body in unacceptable ways (e.g. hormones, Vitamin A derivatives which become toxic long term.)

A visit to a dermatologist might help you clarify this situation.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
an OTC glycolic acid product helped me (Alpha Hydrox ~10% glycolic acid), though I just had regular blackheads.
Why is it dangerous for R. Simms to squeeze the puss out of the "small secreting bumps on nose"?

Also, what is the medical name for the "small secreting bumps on nose"?

richard
I have the same problem, in fact, after eating salami type meats, chips (no natchos types) seem to worsen the problem. After eating chips and those meats,seem to cause pimples within 2 days. Remedy, I don't eat chips and the meats, however the nose seems to continue. I need help before if go for a nose job.
A related discussion, Lumps on nose was started.