Small single bump with a hole in the middle

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have had this small single bump on my penis for atleast 5years, it is almost like a raised bump with a hole in the middle so it looks like an almost raised crater, it does not itch or cause pain and when i stretch the skin it becomes invisible and looks like a hole in my penis although when the skin is rolled up it raises and is very visable. I have looked all around the internet and nobody can tell me what it is? Any help?
Tags: penis bump crater single hole
The two things that come to mind are:

1) an old pimple/blackhead...sometimes pimples/blackheads can leave permanent scars/holes in the skin

2) a type of venereal wart

I'm going to say that it's probably the first one, as it does not seem to be causing you any grief.
Is it anything to worry about?
Can it be spread?
Can it be removed?
If it's an old pimple scar than no to the spreading, but a laser treatment could remove it.

If it's a wart it needs to be removed before you pass it on to some poor soul.
The virus ( HPV ) that causes the warts can cause uterine/cervical cancer in women.
How can i go about checking this?
You would actually need to see a doctor in order to determine the cause...and if it's a wart, you would need the doctor to remove it.
OTC wart treatments would only cause you severe pain, so I don't suggest trying them in that area.

Try looking up pictures of venereal warts on line...see if anything matches.
If the size hasn't changed in the last 5 years, then I would say that the chances of it being that are lowered.
I have looked at many pictures and none look even remotely close, I just don't know what to do as its always been there but doesn't cause any discomfort apart from visual and the worry of being contagous
Unless it's itchy, burning, stinging, and has any sort liquid coming out, I wouldn't worry about it being contagious...aside from a wart that is.
You could try posting on the STD forum...they may be able to give you more things to watch for.

If they can't help you over there, I suggest you see your doctor.
Thank you very much i shall do that shortly