Small white bumps on elbows/knees
hi,
I have small white bumps on my elbows and knees. They appeared on my elbows and knees around a month ago but I never gave them much bother. They do not itch nor are they in huge groups/clusters (about 4 bumps on my elbow and 6 on my knee so it doesn't really seem like a rash (they are only on my left knee and left elbow (not sure if that matters)).
They are white at the raised bump and slightly red around the edges (looks similar to pimples). Also, lately it seems as though there have been more bumps around my elbows/knees(possibly spreading). I have tried putting some steroid cream but that doesn't seem effective (maybe i'm using the wrong kind).
For the most part they seem concentrated in one area but i'm afraid of infection to other parts of the body

Anyway if anyone can help diagnosis this, i'll try to be as helpful as possible.
thank you
One possibility for such bumps is of dermatitis herpetiformis. Typical symptoms include burning, stinging, and intense itching and rash consists of small vesicles on the extensor aspects. It is an autoimmune blistering disorder associated with a gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Investigation which needs to be done is biopsy skin which is the only investigation to diagnose this condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.