Dermatology Expert Forum
Small white bumps on lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small white bumps on lips
About a month ago I noticed a cluster of small white distinct bumps in the corner of my mouth (on the lip).  The become visible when the lip is stretched tight and are not really visble when the lip is relaxed.  I then noticed that they seem to spread to the upper lip.  They seem to remain the same size, no pain or blistering. There is about 10 of these bumps on the lower lip and about 10-15 on the upper lip.  What are these?
They are probably sebaceous (oil) glands.  These are not visible on the skin, but when there is a bunch of them on the lip, they show up white against the red background.  Perfectly normal.  Show your doctor next time you go.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have had a small white(offcolored) bump behind my upper lip that sticks out when I smile, is a little stingy, making my lip slieghtly swollen. also one on the flanulum and a little crater on my gum directly behind the the bump behind my lip.
I've been to doc and dentist with no real diagnosis and am getting quite frustrated.
This has been a problem now for three or four weeks. dont know if its viral or what.
I do have eczema but only in a couple of spots that rarley flare into rash. also have hsv1 but it's definetely not that since there are no eruptions and zovirax and acycloiver have had no effect on these strange bumps.
Hopefully you can enlighten me with some helpfull information.
  thanks.....hed
A related discussion, What is it? was started.
A related discussion, Small Bumps on my lips was started.