Dermatology Expert Forum
Small white circles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small white circles
In the spring of last year, I discovered a tiny (maybe 1/8 inch)white circle on my arm.  It was noticeable because it didn't tan.  It had a smooth flat surface like dry skin, completely round, but had a defined slightly raised edge.  After a few months of it being there, it hadn't changed size, so I didn't go to a doctor.  I picked at it thinking it was a dry skin spot or something.  When I got underneath it, it seemed to continue to several layers of skin.  As soon as I got under the surface skin, the area turned a brownish color immediately.  I put first aid cream and a bandaid on it; after a day or two, the area came off, and I now have a small scar from it.

Now, this spring has come around, and I have found two more, one on my wrist, and another on my leg.  Since I haven't noticed them change size, I don't know how I could have gotten them without seeing it, except practically "overnight".  I don't want to keep getting these, or scar from removing them...any ideas of what it could be?
Ris:

To be honest, I don;t know exactly what you are describing.  It could be a superficial fungus or eczema.  I can't think of anything serious.  I suggest applying 1% hydrocortisone, keeping the area moist, and otherwise leaving it alone ntil you see a doctor and get a definitive diagnosis.

Best.

Dr. R
A related discussion, NO NO NO was started.
A related discussion, skin disorder was started.