Small white sores in mouth

My son is recovering from a small cold, however. inside is mouth (upper and lower lips mainly) are small with bumps about 1-2 millimeters in diameter. This cause him extreme pain when eating, brushing teeth etc..

My son is not feverish and fells well but hr complains a lot about the pain.

Is it serious, what can I do to treat? and what can I do for the pain?

Thank you

There are many types of sores that can appear anywhere within the mouth, including the inner cheeks, gums, tongue, lips, or palate. Most mouth sores are cold sores or  fever blisters, canker sores, or other irritation caused by biting of the cheek, tongue, or lip; braces or  burning the mouth from hot food or drinks.

Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus and are very contagious. Usually, you have tenderness, tingling, or burning before the actual sore appears. Herpes sores begin as blisters and then crust over. Canker sores are not contagious and can appear as a single pale or yellow ulcer with a red outer ring, or as a cluster of such lesions.

Mouth sores generally last 10 to 14 days, even if  there is no medication. They sometimes last up to 6 weeks. However, over the counter pain medication may be helpful. For canker sores, rinse or gargle with salt water is recommended. If it persists, it would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted.
Hi--the whiteness might indicate thrush/yeast infection in his mouth, especially with how they bother him.  Yogurt or buttermilk/clabber might help a mild case but if he really has a good case, they won't go away.  The doc or nurse prac will need to look and advise you  how to get it gone.  Hope he feels better soon.

jillpug

jillpug

jillpug