Smashed fingernail
Howdy, about 2 weeks ago I smashed my thumb in a window, it bled underneath my nail but I just dealt with the pain and throbbing, it's all black at the bottom part of my nail and I pulled the skin down a bit, there was a small hole in my nail so I pulled some of it off to get some of the old dried blood out, well it's hard as a rock and now i have a hole at bottom of my nail, will my nail close this hole up and will the dried blood disolve or soemthing?  Or will I have to have the nail completely taken off so it can regrow?  Thanks
What you had under your nail is called a sunungual hematoma.As you have scooped out the dried blood,so there is a hole in it in place of hematoma.Don’t worry,it will be fine in a few weeks when the adjacent tissue overgrows.Just it will take a little longer.Take care not to mess up with it again and if there is any pain,discharge or swelling then infection has to be probed.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.