Smelly Scalp/Hair
Hi I've just found this forum and I'm delighted!  I have to wash my hair EVERY day and by lunchtime it smells bad, more so on my scalp but my hair too!  I've tried T-Gel, Nizorel, Vosene, Sulphur shampoo, anti dandruff stuff prescribed by the doctor (who actually didn't believe me, she clearly didn't get close enough!) and I'm starting to get paranoid, not to mention worried about the condition of my hair due to constant washing, drying straightening.  
I've even gone to the extremes of washing my towels every time I use them, changing my pillow cases every other day, buying new combs etc. I've tried blow drying, air drying and I'm beside myself with it now.  I'm not a smelly person by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I sweat excessively.  I also don't have greasy hair, if anything its dry!  Its so bad I can even smell it when I turn my head.  I've read another post on here and they recommend Jason Anti Dandruff Shampoo, has anyone else tried it or had the same issue and come out the other side?  If I don't sort it soon I'm going to have to see if I can get the doctor to refer to me a dermatologist or something?
Hello There

Iv used the Jason Dandruff since December last year and it has been a success! I ahve had no selly scalp since then but i do still wash my hair every 3-4 days with it. Before Jason Dandruff i washed my hair every day and my pillows also smelt in a morning! Below is a link to a smelly scalp forum where there are lots of people with the same problem who have had success with Jason Dandruff. I tried it out and it worked.

http://www.hairsite.com/female-hair-loss/forum-page-0-category-18-order-last_answer.html

Im Fari on the above forum...im trying out Neem oil (which is also found in Jason Dandruff) and Virgin Coconut Oil to see if there is a cure :o).....both oils are anti fungal and my scalp has benefitted. I can go a week without having to use Jason Dandruff....its still early days but im sure the Jason Dandruff should do the trick for you

hope this helped :o)
farhee is right.  i also suffer from smelly scalp and i just massage Virgin Coconut Oil on my scalp after shampooing.  i leave it on overnight while i sleep to make sure it kills the fungus.  it is available in most asian stores and it get rids of all sorts of skin problems.  a few days treatment should stop the pungent smell.  of course changing your pillowcases and bedsheets frequently will stop the fungi from coming back.  in worst case scenarios buy new pillows and mattresses if these can no longer be sanitized.
I applied Jason Dandruff shampoo. It smells quite strong but its better than the smelly alternative.

Apply to your scalp while your hair is DRY. (or very slightly damp but not dripping wet). Leave it in for 30 to 45 minutes. Rinse out and do the second wash and rinse as normal.

Do this method with any prescribed shampoo. It worked for me.  I'm cured!!!

Ps possible reasons for imbalance are  high sugar levels, hormonal imbalance fungus, stress.

If its fungal try canesten oral pill (not the one ladies have to insert!) Works for men too.
Hi! Did you use any oral pill while the smell went away or just the shampoo? And has the smell returned?