Social Security Benefits?
My husband suffers from HS and is almost mentally deranged from always losing really good jobs.  He had severe HS, the type that always require surgery.  He just had surgery on 12/20/07 and was out of work until 1/16/08.  He was laid off his job on 1/25/08 because he missed so many days from the complications of HS.  I need to know why haven't I heard of any one receiving disability pay for this disease as dibilitating as it is?  Every time my husband get a good positive job, he ends up losing it because of this disease and this is getting to be a bit depressing and discouraging for the both of us.  Can he apply for disability benefits and get it or do you feel that maybe the social security people do not know of this terrible disease and we as a whole should go and let them know that this is a disability and show all documentation on this disease so they can help the ones who really need help for this disease. Please if anyone can answer this question I will gladly appreciate it.
I  I truly understand what your going through... I have been on disability since 03... it  is possible to receive disability with this disease... The process can be long and sometimes stressful but it can be done. Make sure before you apply you get all your documentation together.. Get your doctor to write a letter or you write the letter and have him/her sign it... Make sure you have written documentation for evrything...Literally from diagnosis onto his work issues... and once you start the process keep everything all files, doctors notes..etc... I pray your success God Bless...
I also understand your pain.  I've been on disability since February of 2008 for mental health issues.  Talk with your doctor.  If he/she is supporting your need for help, it can happen.

It takes time and patience.  Best of luck to you.  

I used a company called Allsup that did all the filing of paperwork for me.  I was too ill to do it myself.