Sore, burning and inflamed hands... What could it be?
The weirdest thing happened yesterday morning. When I woke up yesterday morning, my hands/fingers sort of felt inflamed, had a little bit of a burning sensation. I felt it even more when I took a shower and had hot water running on them. It's only on the palm side. My hands are redder than normal and almost feel a little bit swollen. Today, they're not as bad as yesterday but they still hurt and I noticed the skin is starting to flake a little like dry skin. I've had dry skin before but never felt like this. What might this be and what might it be caused by? Should I use any kind of lotion or anything to try to rectify it?
It looks like an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis because of its sudden appearance. You may take oral antihistaminics like benadryl or zyrtec. Also apply calamine lotion as it has a soothing effect on the skin. You can apply OTC steroid cream but it is available under prescription for which you need to consult your doctor. Severe cases may need oral steroids.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.