Sore, hard bump under skin between vagina and anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am 28 years old, very fit, nonsmoker, female. I have a bump the size of a dime, but round (which seems rather large to me) in the pubic area between my vagina and anus. I don't think it is an ingrown hair, which was my first thought, because I can actually move it around under the skin and it doesn't seem to be particularly painful at the top of the skin. It does not feel like a pimple either. My next thought is that it feels like there's a tic or something under the skin. I have never had a tic -- and can't for the life of me imagine how that would be possible -- but for some reason that's what came to mind. I first noticed it when riding a bike (which I do daily for about 4 miles as a commute). It is painful when it hits the bike seat but is generally in too obscure of a place to be bothersome when sitting. I wasn't worried but took a closer look today because I'm meant to get waxed tomorrow and wanted to see what I was dealing with....and now I'm a bit more concerned because of the size. I think an OBGYN is probably the person to see but I'm hoping it might just be something that will go away. Is there reason to worry or can I just wait and hope is disappears?
From the symptoms it looks like irritated hair follicle due to friction rub  but the other possibility of a cyst also needs to be ruled out. Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Also wear cotton clothes and apply topical antiseptics. If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It may need incision and drainage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.