Sore, itchy, red bumps!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sore, itchy, red bumps!

About 5 days ago I started to get a very sore throat. A day later I got a raised red, itchy bump on the back. A day later smaller bumps started to appear on my side, the side of my breast and in the middle of my chest. They've only got worse. They are itchy and very tender to touch, even wearing a t-shirt irritates them.
I've also being experiencing drowsiness, headache, a cough and, as I mentioned before, a terrible throat.  Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with me?
Tags: rash
  • Rash or what?! (1 replies):
    Just after Halloween I noticed small bumps just under my...[more]
  • Itching (1 replies):
    how do you know if you have shingles
  • rash on back (1 replies):
    Hello. My boyfriend has a rash on his back and now its s...[more]
  • Dermatology (1 replies):
    I have a rash or bites on my stomach and back. It starte...[more]
  • Skin Problem (1 replies):
    Underneath my right arm and also in the armpit, are like...[more]
From the symptoms they look like chicken pox and if you have had chicken pox earlier then shingles needs to be ruled out. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign of shingles is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.