Sore Penis after sex

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sore Penis after sex

I have redness and am extremely raw after sex. I can go several days and the area clears up until I have sex again and it emmediately returns. What's up?
It can be due to chafing skin. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hi Mark,

I agree with the Doc above me ^^^^. When your condition heals if at all, I would try using condoms to protect yourself from it happening. I know people don't like to but some men have this problem with friction. You might also try a KY product to help with the issue.

Also try an aloe plant on the area. Aloe has some very cool healing and soothing properties without all the pharmaceutical chemicals. I'm a woman though. We tend to go more for the organic stuff and it could be just the ticket for you.

If these things don't work, I would get yourself checked out STD wise (not saying you have one) but it's always good to know those things right?

As the doc said, consult with a dermatologist if none of this works. There are a lot of free and low cost clinics if you search for them. Also try Planned Parenthood. I know how it sounds but they do have male patients VERY OFTEN that are helped with many sexual issues.

Best of luck to you!