Sore Red Face
My cheeks always seem to have dry skin, which when treated with a moisturizer turns red and becomes very sore...  If I dont use a moisturizer then the skin remains dry and gets progressively worse.  I do shower once a day but tend to put on a bit of vaseline first to help protect my cheeks from become dried from the water.
first thing and its only a myth, people used to say that vaseline is a moisturizer in essecense its really not, its a pore clogging compound and not a great moisturizer lets just put it that way,  i had this same problem as well, i started using cetaphil, gentle skin cleanser, which is a great moisturizing cleanser, also do you use very hot water on your cheeks? if so this can dry them out as well as very hot or even extremely cold water can cause trauma to your skin, try these steps they will help, use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser you can buy it for 9.00usd at a drug store and it will last a long time because your skin is sensitive, use tepid water only and cool to rinse your face, not exttreme cold though, use a liberal amount of the cetaphil, massage from forhead down to your cheeks in circular motion to bring blood flow to those areas dont use to much pressure though and rinse pat face dry do not rub, after use a moisturizing toner with green tea or vitamin E, always check the bottle, if it has cetyl alcohol as one of it main agents stay away from it, this will only produce more dryness, Cetaphil also has a great moisturizing cream with no fragrance, also clinique is alittle more dollar heavy but any of there moisturizes are great, im glad i had this problem so i could share it with you, its been out of my life now for 5 years using this regimen, good luck

Dry skin results when there is not enough water in the stratum corneum for it to function properly. Too much soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals, the normal aging process and certain types of skin diseases are some of the causes of decreased amounts of protective skin oils which in turn causes dry skin.Excessive dry skin can cause soreness and burning.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.
buy some 400 iu vitamin e and cut the cap open and spread it over the effected area.try taking 1 vitamin e gell cap 400 iu every day.i've been taking it for years and my skin problems went away