Sore like irritation penis
Have a sore like irritation area on my penis. Went to clinic, they said it did not look like an std, and made it sound like it would go away, its been 2 months, not going away, and now is sensitive and irritated feeling, in the beginning it was not. sometimes the back of the head area is swollen and red all the way around. Any thoughts? Starting to freak out. Please help.

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis, contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .

You should maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash. If the symptoms persist then please get a complete STD panel and biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Well saw the Derm, Maybe I didnt understand or maybe we didnt talk about it at all last time when I saw her, but any in any case, she says its a kind of a blood vessel vain issue. Dont remember the technical term, and I could get it anywhere on my body and it happens to be there. Oh well guess all I can do is not worry about it. She also mentions theirs probly something else in my life stressing me out. Thanks again for your time.