Sore on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sore on foot

I have a sore on the bottom/side of my foot that is very painful . it showed up a couple weeks ago soon after I got a pedicure. I've tried to put neosporin on it and soak it, but it wont open and drain. It almost looks like a canker sore, with redness, swelling, and pain. Should I wait for it to resolve on own or is there something else I can try?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The exact cause of the sore can be confirmed only after I clinically examine you. A bunion is when the big toe points toward the second toe. This causes a bump to appear on the outside edge of toe. It is common in people wearing high heeled narrow toed shoes. There may be red, calloused skin along the inside edge of the big toe along with a bony bump at this site. Is it a blister? Blisters form when liquid becomes trapped between layers of skin. This results in a bubble of fluid under the skin on the foot. These bubbles may form due to any infection, disease or sunburn but usually it is the result of an irritation. Blisters on the feet can be prevented by wearing comfortable, well-fitting shoes and clean socks. For accurate diagnosis and treatment consult a dermatologist. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!