Sore red pimple like bumps on vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Viewing 201-245 comments:
i have an appt. to go to the doctors but i've been reading these stories and most of them have what i have ....there like pimples and then they turn really white on the top, they are on my vulva ..i juss started to have sex with this guy and about a week after i did there was one and then like a whole bunch more appeared and they hurt really bad when i pee or wipe or even when i take a shower please help
Me and, my boyfriend for over a year now, have unprotected sex. We have for a while now, and both of us are clean, been tested and everything.about 5 days ago we had sex and we also had sex the next day, then that very next day i noticed a very painful swolen area at the bottom of my vagina near my butt, and i had an odd discharge. The next day it was worse and more painful, and it would burn the swolen area after i pee. The swelling has gone down some but now there are pimple like bumps where the swelling used to be. The bumps are painful to the touch and almost feel raw, they are alittle itchy but i dont scratch them for fear of making it worse. Its still swolen, but yesterday i noticed blood in the discharge and now its like im on my period even tho i just had mine about a week and a half ago and im on the pill to regulate them and have been for the ladt 3 months n not had an irregular period. Im having to use tampons bc i dont have pads, and it is sooo painful to put a tampon in. We thought it was a yeast infection, but i dont knoe for sure. Im worried amd cant get to the doc till monday. Plz help, what could this be...
okay so basically ive had these cyst like things on my thighs and on my bikini line since i was like 11 so clearly its not sexually related, the outbreaks only occue sometimes and theyree really painful and annoying and im not really sure how to get rid of them all the doctors havent really been able to do much. Aside from that recently after having done some sexual things like being fingered etc (still havent had sexual intercourse though) ive been having oout breaks of pimple like bumps on my vag not inside the "lips" or anything but on the outside the only thing i can think ofis i get waxed and your noot supposed to do any major sweat inducing excercises or wear tight clothes within 48 hours of getting waxed cuz it can cause ingrown hairs and pimples cuz of the sweat irritation otherwise though seeing as i try to avoid this i dont know what could be the problem i take showers and am generally quite clean so anyone have any ideas
then u shud go to the doctor as soon as possible! it will be more painful day by dayi have had the same problem,  the doctors gaved the bbest medication for it .2weeks taking antibiootics.i forgot the brand. but a lil expensive.
Samethings happening to mee! :/ but theres some on my stomatch to? Andd i never even had sex beafor!? Im only 17! Maby from shaving? Hopfully, Help!
I have like 3 spots around my vagina hole, I'm 13 never had sex. They just randomly came yesterday, they hurt but don't itch or anything. When I touch them they are sore. I haven't told my mum or doctor because I don't know how to, I just don't know what it is. Could someone help?
you may and probably have herpes either one or two, the bad kind is 2 and the not so bad but still ***** kind is 1.
I have herpes 1 and have gotten it in my mouth and down there, it ***** either way. i have never had sex before. but i have received oral sex...which is maybe how i got it. or i could have given it to myself somehow the doctor said.
my suggestions for home are the following:
1. lemon balm- tea to drink and cream to put on the sores
2. don't wear underwear until u r better and if u must wear white cotton underwear
3. don't have any sex unprotected anymore (oral, vaginal, anal)
4. take valtrex it is a prescription that treated Herpes Simplex 1 and 2
5. take baths (PLAIN WATER-NO SOAPS)
6. Don't stress, cry too much, trust me, you will get more and more sores
7. invest in dresses and skirts until you feel better again
8. take care of yourself and be kind to ur body
After me and my boyfriend had sex I notice little pimple like bumps inside my vagina lips and I notice discharge and it hurt when I touch the bumps and walk and sit down and I don't hurt when I urinate
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_causes_vaginal_sores
Answers alot of questions...
First and foremost see a doctor, and dont b afraid to talk to your parents. How do you know they arent having the same issues? If they get mad at you isnt it better then them finding out from you? It has been proven its not always from sex or is a STD. Protection during sex is probably the most important thing to do.
http://women.webmd.com/tc/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview

Take a look at this site, sometimes it can be STDS or like in this link blocked glands. Because we sweat and cover up most of the time, glands can get blocked.
I don't know what this is. I'm thinking it maybe could be from dryness but my bf and I have sex a lot and every now and then after sex ill get on the skin that covers the clit on the top a sore. It hurts a little bit but itches more not unbearably but still. It goes away in a few days though and it'll stay gone until we have hours of sex and it'll come back. Ne suggestions
It started as a small bump I shave a lot but now the bump it's starting to get a little big wen I touch ,it, it hurts it looks like there's a little ball from the inside but from the outside it just looks a little red I'm really scared
I have a bump on my vagina, pretty close to the entrance of my vagina. It looks like a tittle califlower actually! Weird right... I'm but it kind hurts, I've had it for 3 days, I just started my first period and started wearing tampons and pads so in wondering if it is just from irritation or? From a tampon or from vasiline? I'm scared! Help!!!!
sounds like you've got ingrown hairs. nothing to be embarassed about. talk to your mom and go see a dermatologist.
Hi, did you ever find out what that was? Because what you described is exacly what is happening to me right now. After I shaved down there yesterday, I had sex with my boyfriend (with him, the first time..I've already had sex before which is why I am a little worried it might be an std I may have gotten with him or something) I can't be sure if it was last night or this morning that I noticed a small, red, pimple like bump on my left inner thigh, near my crotch. I'm scared because I don't know what it could be... as soon as I noticed it, I proceeded to scratch it (it itched a bit.. ) and when I did, the top part came off I think and it began to burn a little. It got even more red around the edges.. it felt like a mosquito bite but I know it's not. Maybe a bug bit me at night down there? Or razor burn? I don't know. My question to you is, did you ever find out what the bump was? Did it go away on it's own or what. This is really important. Thanks!
how can you get rid of them? i cant go to a doc or get it check. but it sound like what i have. i use baby oil when i shave i think thats the cause of mine
What happens if you pop them ?
I had just got birthcontrol 3 weeks ago I got testted then the same day I had got the implonon
They said if we don't call you in the next two weeks then your clean and haven't Hurd back but two days ago me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex  twice and the next day I had got red. Spots and turned in to pimple looking things they hurt when squeezed and sensitive  my part of where it goes it was swollen and not the front part but now that swelling has gone down and now my bal thing around there itches it feels different and just tryed to have intercourse today but I couldn't do it cause it hurt not as a it will go away  cause havent had sex in a long time  but it was a different pain first time ever happened to me and my boyfriend has the red pimple lookin bumbs too idk what to do if it's from the birthcontrol :/ it's just hard right now cause idk if I should go to the doctor
I'm 17 and a few weeks ago I got treated for clamidia and the doctor didn't do like another appt to check if its gone and I noticed a sore pimple like red bump on the left lip of my vigina (vagina) and I mean I got tested for everything when I was there so I mean is it clymidia or is there sumn else that could be causeing this I am so scared bc I hav a new boy friend and we haven't done anything but I seriously dt wana give him anything
hey i have the same thing on the lip of my vagina and it harts to  when i walk sit and poke it but im only 12 and im so worried and i told my mum and now i have to gpo to the docters and get it looke at im worried it will be some hing bad please if u hae advice will you tell me.

p.s. i looked up on lie to sit in warm bath or shower and after that put a heat packs on top of your undies ad that will make it a little better.
I am twelve years old and i have bumbs on top and on the side of my private part.they usta be bumbs but i popped them and now they a sores and i pick at the sores and it kinda hurts but not alot i got this after i shaved..should i stop shaving?..shiuld i stop picking at them?
I  got tested for stds last month cause I had a small pimple like bump near my vaginal and anal area. I said it wasn't herpes and all my test came out negative. But lately the bumps have have been occurring more its just there and its just only one bump. Then recently started having sex again and somehow I felt my vaginal area painful and do I stuck my finger somewhat inside my hole and can feel a small pimple like bump or two. What could it be!?
It is possible you have a type of folliculitus (folliculitis) caused by shaving. Seeing as howlong it has been going on I would see medical attention especially if it is becoming really bad don't want to catch a serious infection.
I have just noticed about 3 or 4 days ago these bumps on my clitoris that are red and itchy at times and can be sore too. Can anybody tell me what Thea could possibly be? Ive really been freaking out!! Anything will help!
32 years old and I've never had sex. I ran out of the house and went to the store yesterday without any panties on and was wearing some blue jeans. A pimple like pump apeared just now (the next day) after an afternoon nap. The pimple is sore, I've never had one of these before and I think it may be due to not wearing any panties yesterday. What can I do to treat the bump, as I'm not comfortable with any doctor going down there?
i have red blisters but they not sore ,and doesnt itch ,please help idk what is the problem im 4months pregnant (yes i shave hopefully theyre shaving bumps
My girlfriend also has that. She has two pimple like bumps,she shaves, we do not have stds or HIV or any other virus.in need of plenty of help and answers.
Ok. I seen that this is common because the area isn't kept clean and all but could it also happen if you are using soap that is meant for that? I use Summers Eve for my wash below and I also had a yeast infection for a while too so can that also be a contributing factor to my problem? I too have one and my boyfriend said he occasionally got them as well. It's on the outlining of the outside of the area but close enough to where its almost there.
This was also before we did anything together.
I have tiny red bumps like 2 of them on the tip of my vagina n one on the left lip n there is like an open sore right in between the lips they itch burn n are so painful when i sitdown or pee wat could this be??
I have had these weird bumps all over my private areas on the out side of my vagina on my butt and my legs, they look and feel like REALLY big pimples sometimes they just go away sometimes I have 2 pop them and when I do I either get blood and pus, just pus, or just blood, or sometimes they pop on there own there a pain and hurt depending on what area there at I asked my doc and see said its a common thing she needs 2 lance 1 to see what kind of bacteria it is but once she does she could give me meds or cream 2 stop it. PS I've never had intercourse so I know its not an STD.
Ok so I've had these EXTREMELY itchy red bumps all in the vaginal area, on my bum, and on my inner thighs for awhile now! Some of the bumps started to form puss pockets and get full and painful! I use to pop them but stopped because it started causing scars. The itching is absolutely unbearable but there is no odor or unusual discharge. I went to the doctors about 2 weeks ago and had everything checked out. She said it looked like Mollescum Contagious(I think I spelled that right) anyways, she said its not a std or anything like herpes which can dormant(sleep) for up to 10 years before showing symptoms. She also said that this type of rash/infection will usually clear up within 3-18 months and can sometimes last up to 4 years. But once it's gone, it's gone unless you come into contact with the infection again. Though this infection is not a std, it can be sexually transmitted which would require the same procedures for your partner for it to clear up as you would need to take. Ex: wear loose clothing to avoid sweating also allowing air flow to help keep moisture away, avoid itching due to the fact when you scratch the infected area and then scratch part of your body that isn't infected, you can spread it by the contact, avoid sexual intercourse until it has cleared up, etc.  She also told me that if you want to use a treatment method, that there are some creams to help but are very expensive. Now, with all that being said, I can't afford for the creams and I'm still not 100% sure what it is that's going on! Does anyone else have this problem and have been correctly diagnosed and gotten it taken care of?! If so, please help me and let me know of a simple home remedy to get rid of it!!!! Hopefully out of all the information I provided from the doctors, it has helped some of you figure out what may be going on with you so that you may get the end results you desire!
I can help you with that one. That sounds like ingrown hairs, which is do to shaving. Usually they will go away when the hair grows out. I'd suggest instead of shaving down there, just trim. That should help, this happens to me all the time and that is what works for me.
Sounds like ingrown hair, don't worry.
Ok so i have these weird bumps on my vag area, like not exactly on my lips or anything just around that area, i've had it for like a year on and off..i have never been tested for diseases because i don't like when doc tors have to look down there, it's kind of embaressing, i had sex about a year and a half ago or so but the bumps didn't show up until like 6 months after.. that's what i don't understand..i keep thinking the worst but yes like other comments the bumps start off as just little bumps then they get worse...most of the time they get dry skin on the top part of it then if i peal it off and squeeze it , this weird goo comes out of it , i tried it on a q tip and it looks pink ish or red, i have a doctors appointment soon , and i'm really worried that it's a disease because that's the last thing i wanted :(
Okay, ive been having the same problem. I had sex with my ex on Saturday, not even a week later (3 days) I was itching, the next day I got a mirror and saw that there were three bumbs all equally apart from eachother around the opening to my vagina. It sort of hurts when I pee. I asked my ex if he had anything, and he said no. Im scared that this is herpes. Can someone PLEASE tell me otherwise, or how I can treat this because no one wants to have herpes.
So what do they really mean cause i only get them afther i shave down there
hi im 16 I have a big red pimple like bump on my left lip on my vagina. it doesn't itch , but it hurts only when I apply pressure. its very odd and Im concerned. im embarrassed to tell my mom. anyone know what it might be. please help .
Hi I'm destiny I'm a girl, I'm 12 years old and I'm going through the same thing but mine itch and are sore and i haven't told me mum I want to but I'm embarrassed since she my step mom,,,,HELP ME !!!!!
I'm 12 and I've had these bumps since I had the simtums of period or something the first time I realalised them was when the clear goo not the you know big grown up thing but the goo thiny of pieriod and about a week or 2 I've been like feeling them just to see what the hell are they and bearly 10 mins ago I checked with a mirror and my vaginal area (the inside) was red really red and it bured and itched at the same time and those bumps I talked about don't really hurt a lot but I'm scared because my whole vaninal area is red (I still a virgin) what should I do I'm scared it might be like and yeast infection or something someone help me?!?! I'm scared to tell someone
I had the same problem, mine developed overnight. My partner and I have been having sex for a year now and nothing has changed.
There are many different answers. My advice is goto your doctor !!! Its common believe it or not.
I showed my doctor this morning and she straight away said shaving. Now i was unsure if this was true or not due to the face its everyone. I have dots all the way down to my anal area. On the inside and outside of my vaginal area.
So i got antibiotics and cream to use. Honestly, its so very painful that the best thing you can do is see your doctor. If you can see a doctor without your parents, great ! If not, tell your parents ! They don't want you in pain!!

Goto the doctor they will tell you its from shaving, friction, glands blocked from either sweat or *** during intercourse. Honestly its only some little reason, however it can be treated. Im to the point where i cant walk, bend over, sit down, shower, or even goto the toilet. It's honestly the worst pain Ive ever felt !!!!
I get my prescription filled tomorrow so ill let you know when it clears up.
By the way, if you chose to put creams on it yourself, DO NOT USE PERFUMES ! use perfume free creams, with aloe vera would be good. Or paw paw ointment. simply used for dry skin,rashes, wounds, burns, cuts,boils, chafing, etc. Great stuff.
Keep it basic and as natural as possible.
Only cotton underwear if you cant air it out. If your on your period, not perfumed pads, tampons or liners. Be very careful here, ive always found U by Koltex great. Never had a problem with irritation.

In conclusion, get it seen to. Until you can take it easy with perfumed items in the area. Its quite common, dont be embarrassed !!
Itll be something small, the likely hood of it being a disease or caused sexually is near nil.
Get seen to. Hope this healps :) Goodluck
I am 56 years old,,have had the same thing since I hit puberty,,at 8! It sounds like you might have hydradenitis superintiva.  This is a skin disease that has no cure, nobody knows exactly how you get it, it can be hereditary and it is painful, embarresing and not even any kind of antibiotics help it.  You may start experiencing these things monthly, when it is very hot out, if you smoke, that makes it worse and they can cause bad scars.  I wish I had an answer for you, but please go to a good skin doctor and ask if you may have this.  Good luck, if you want any more info from me I will try to keep up with this blog!
Viewing 201-245 comments: