Dermatology Community
Sore redness on inside of leg from calf to upper thigh
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore redness on inside of leg from calf to upper thigh

Two nights ago I came down with what seemed like a sudden case of the flu. Feeling very cold, skin sore to the touch all over body, no appetite. Yesterday my left leg started to hurt. Today the flu like symptoms are mostly gone but my leg is sore and there is redness from my calf to my upper thigh, its sore to walk and sore to touch. Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Without examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it sounds like cellulitis. Cellulitis is an infection of the deep subcutaneous tissue of the skin.It is characterized by redness, swelling, warmth, and pain or tenderness.

Diagnosed by clinical examination and blood cultures. Cellulitis has to be differentiated from DVT(deep vein thrombosis ) and stasis dermatitis, which is inflammation of the skin from poor blood flow.

I sincerely advise you to consult a physician/dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him. These symptoms may cause further complications.So clinical examination is definitely required.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank