Sore spots near rectum that bleed

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sore spots near rectum that bleed

2 days ago i noticed a discomfort coming from near my recrum, inbetween mt *** checks. its tender to touch, and painful when i sit down. At firsrt i assumed it was like a normal spot teenagers get on their face (eg, that which you pop, puss comes out, it heals and then goes away).

So upon inspection, it looked like a red zpot (no yellow puss that i could see anyway - so i assumed it was too "premature" to pop without difficulty) but in the end i popped it, far more liquid came out then i expect (hearing 5+ drops hit floor which i later had to clean up) it then bled for 2 or 3 minutes, soon stopping. so with that, i assumed by morning it would be less painful.

morning came, and i was wrong. the spot was just as, if not more so as tender. not just at the spot but within a 2cm radius around the spot but this time, there was a small amount of thin sticky liquid there, most likly puss, that had spread rather far around my general *** cleavage. and this time, it popped as i looked, and more blood came out, and its still very tender.

Im an 18 year old male in the UK, a little over-weight but not obease.

What do i have?
What can be done to cure/heal it?

Thanks in advance.
  • Bumps (1 replies):
    My daughter who is 46, has these large lumps underneath ...[more]
  • reddish blister bump (1 replies):
    so i have this bump like blister located on the crease b...[more]
  • Tender spot on buttock (1 replies):
    For about a week or so, I have had a tender spot on my b...[more]
  • Rash (2 replies):
    I have this terrible rash between my butt cheeks It star...[more]
  • in pain (1 replies):
    i have a very painful ingrown hair on my bikini area and...[more]

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like a boil. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Boil on buttocks is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and apply some antibiotic cream like Neosporin or mupirocin.If the symptoms persist then consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.Also anal fissures and hemorrhoids have to be ruled out then.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers