Dermatology Expert Forum
Sore throat, throat infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Sore throat, throat infection?

I've had symptoms of having a sore throat just recently over the last couple of weeks, and have these little white spots inside my mouth at the back of my throat, and near the tonsils and mouth walls, is this normal and why are they present?  and whats the best way of getting rid of a throat infection?  I'm desperate to get rid of it and get back to normal.

Thanks.
Jason:

See a doctor and get a throat culture.  You might have strep and need penicillin.  If viruses are causing your problem, the condition will take care of itself.  It's possible that the "white spots" have been there longer than you think, and aren't related to the soreness, but unless you check it out, you won't know.

Try a walk-in clinic.  They do throats.

Best.

Dr. R
For the past few days my throat has been killing me and one of my glanda has swallen up to the size of...... well let me just say that its very big. for the past 2 days whenever I spit blood comes out and the swallen gland has been realeasing blood and I have no idea what i have. if u can tell me what this is then I'd be very thankfull