Soreness in Butt

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Soreness in Butt

Sorry for the bluntness of the topic but I've got a question. In the "Crack" between the two "cheeks" there's a soreness. It comes and goes quite often and it's very embarassing, thus why I haven't gone to a doctor yet. It kind of "excretes" a clear/slightly yellow fluid. It kind of feels as if the cheeks themselves have been rubbed raw. It's incredibly sore and as I said, comezs and goes. I've got a hard time walking at times. Help?
Hi there,

Sorry to hear! This can definitely be uncomfortable. But you are not the first--many experience anal soreness from raw, dry skin, and it is usually due to a combination of factors. If the area doesn't get a chance to fully heal, the scabbing will come off and this is when you'll notice the pus.
Your best bet is to apply an ointment with antibacterial and healing ingredients such as aloevera or petroleum jelly (which you can get any any grocery store or pharmacy) every morning and night and after you go to the bathroom. Use baby wipes instead of dry toilet paper after each visit to the toilet.
If you are femaile, don't wear thongs or g-strings until the area has healed. It shouldn't take long as this area is very quick to do so.

All the best,
Brittany
From the symptoms it can be chafing skin or intertrigo. An intertrigo is an inflammation (rash) of the body folds. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful (apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. In case of any itching, take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.