Sores and a blister

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sores and a blister

hi im 20 years old and i have doveloped a sore and a blister one is on the shaft of my penis and the other is futher down on the opposite both are very sore to the touch the blister didnt start as a blister it started as a tender spot and became a sore then a blister ( ive been keeping a close eye on them both) the sore how ever is more like a creator like a chunk is missing there is a little bit of rednss directly around the sore and again is quite painful however this one didnt start out as a blister either it started out as a white gash that looked rather simaler to gravel rash or carpet burn but as i showered more and while sleeping the scab that formed keeps getting torn off and doesnt have a chance to heal i havent got any rashes any where and i dont have any cold sores or flu like symtoms (symptoms) either other then the 2 anomalies in question im in perfect health they both appeared within a 48hour period but the sore and blister couldnt look any more differnt there are no simalaraties other then the pain and i had a day where my testicals where very very sore about 5days after these things started happing should i be worried?  
From the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, herpes sore or ingrown hair. Most individuals have no or only minimal signs or symptoms from HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection. When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. Typically, another outbreak can appear weeks or months after the first, but it almost always is less severe and shorter than the first outbreak.

The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.