Dermatology Community
Sores in Butt Crack
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sores in Butt Crack

I have a sore (like either a heat rash sort of thing or sweatiness sore in my butt crack).  This is something that I have never experienced.  I have experienced yeast infections in my other lower areas, but nothing ever like this in the middle of my crack.  It seems to itch, sometimes is dry and bleeds when I wipe too far, and appears to be very wet and sweaty at times.  I am a married woman and have been with the same man for about 8 years,  I do indulge in white powder... "snow" and drink beer while indulging, but have no clue what is the matter with me.  I have had yeast infections in the past... none recently, but they were in another inner part of my body, but this is now becoming quite annoying.  I have tried treating it with Neosporin, but that only coats it.  I have tried Cortizone, but that only temporary disguises the problem.  I have never sweated or had any kind of bacteria in my butt for as long as I have lived until now.  I am not actively sexual with my husband, so that only furthers my concerns.  I also do NOT have any other sexual partners (I only want my Hubby!!).  I do smoke cigarettes, but nothing else.  Could the beer be causing this issue?  If I stop indulging in other activites and stop drinking beer, do you think this will clear up?  In the meantime, what other options (medically or otherwise) do I have?  Please advise and thank you for listening!!!!