Sores inside nostrils
For the last 4 years i have had sores on the inside of my nose. They come on very suddenly (only takes half an hour for one to form) and they are very very tender. They are usually on the inside, upper corner of my nostril, close to the front. But i have had them other places too. Always close to the front, not in the back of my nose.They usually start as a tender red spot and then grow into a small, white, pus-filled blister. If i am able to reach it to pop the blister it gives me some relief on the tenderness. It still hurts, but not as bad and then it will crust over and heal. If i dont pop it it gets increasingly tender ( i can feel it without touching it and even is very painful if i touch the outside of my nose) and then will go away after a few days. They come and go, and i get them in both nostrils. They drive me crazy! I have been to the doctor but they always tell me i need to come when i have a sore--so far i havent been able to coincide the two. Could this be a staph infection? What can i do?

There could be several causes of the sores you are having - the most common is picking the nose or trimming nasal hairs - which leads to a staphylococcus infection. Other causes include cold sores due to herpes, impetigo, nasal polyps, lupus , etc.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and without a proper clinical examination.

It would be best to consult an ENT specialist and rule out the possible causes and find out the confirmed diagnosis in your case.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
I have the same problem.. I do pluck nostril hairs with a tweezer and wondered of thast could cause an infection.