Sores on lower belly won't heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sores on lower belly won't heal

I am on a 2 year assignment in Africa.  I arrived here in December of 06, and in January, I started getting blood blisters at my belt line.

I am over weight- about 255 lbs.  I'm 6'2", so I'm not terribly over weight, but my stomach does stick out about 2 inches past my belt.  Because of the shape of my body, I have to wear a belt.  When I stand, my belt needs to be fairly tight to keep my pants from falling down, but when I sit, there's a lot of pressure applied to my belly skin from my belt.  I've had blood blisters form there in the past from pinching and what not.  But this time I got a blister above the belt line- where the belt can't pinch, and it burst about 3 days after forming with a bloody white discharge.  The blister itself went away, but the red sore remained, and is still there after 4 months.  A second blister is forming next to it now, and I'm afraid the same thing will happen.

I went to the local hospital and they said it was an infected bug bite, so they gave me ciprofloxaxcin.  I took one pill, but I thought I might want to post here before I continue.

The sore that is 4 months old looks dark red- between BBQ sauce color and ketchup color.  The blister was about the size of a pencil eraser.  The new one is also that size, but the surrounding area of the skin is red, and has a diameter of about 3 inches.
  • Bumps (1 replies):
    Recently I had sex with my girlfriend. Normally things ...[more]
  • I've had a rash for about 7 years
    It initially started as an allergic reaction to my belt ...[more]
  • Help (1 replies):
    Hello, I've had pimple like things on my belt line for s...[more]
  • Rash (4 replies):
    I shave the area on my lower stomach, starting at where ...[more]
  • stomach
    Hello my name is andrew magana. i am 19 years old and i...[more]
your belt should not be so tight as to cause this type of wound. that would be quite painful. i suggest you follow the hospital advice since there is a white discharge. sounds like pus. after your wounds clear you should follow up with the doctor again.
I am a carpenter 6'1 265lbs myself and i get the same sores all the way around my belt(waste) line which is too low but the doctor told me that they were just bacteria build up and a moist wet dark place is the perfect environment for them to grow i still have scars but wear my pants a little looser with suspenders and keep them clean there are tons of dermal skin cleansers out there and they seem to help even tho they still pop up every now and then. Trust me i went to the doctor freaking out thinking i had hepatitis or HIV and he just laughed and told me no worries just keep them clean and lose a little weight...