Dermatology Community
Sores on my back
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sores on my back

I have gotten these sores on my back since I was 20. They are usually not quiet as big as a quarter, have a bunch of little blisters within the main sore that have a watery fluid if popped. I usually only get one at a time on my bra line thou I did get one on the back of my arm once. Usually a couple days before I actually see the sore, the spot that it pops up on tends to get sore & sometime a little red. I have noticed that when I am more stressed out I seem to get these more often. Is this a type of herpes? If so what type is it?
Related Discussions
Hi,

Herpes simplex virus  type 1 more commonly cause infections of the mouth and lips,  or fever blisters. On the other hand, most genital herpes is caused by HSV type 2 but HSV type 1 infection of the genitals can be caused by oral-genital or genital-genital contact with a person who has HSV-1 infection. Blisters usually are present and then break, leaving tender ulcers or sores that may take weeks to heal.This usually recurs.  Diagnosis is through evaluation of the lesion or blood tests.

It would be best to have these evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. In your case, the location is not the typical presentation. A complete medical history and physical examination are important in ruling out herpes and reaching a diagnosis.

Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank