Sores that won't heal
I have seveal small sores in the back of my head, upper part of my neck that won't heal. I've had them for about a year now. When they first appeared I just assumed they were pimples and left them alone. But they never left and I don't know what they are. A couple crust over, but that may just be because I mess with them too much.

I am 21 years old and have never had any serious health problems

Please help
I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be due to Acne keloidalis nuchae.It occurs when hairs on the back of the head and neck grow into the skin, become inflamed, and cause scar tissue. These ingrown hairs usually occur following a short haircut on the back of the head and nape of the neck.

Treatment of AKN includes suppression of the inflammation with antibiotics and steroid gels or intralesional steroid injections.So apply antibiotic cream like Neosporin or bactroban.If the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and steroids may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Larger bumps of AKN present for a while or if not responding to treatments may need surgical removal.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.