Sores under eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sores under eyes

Hello, my 3 year old daughter has a recurring sore underneath her eye. It always returns in the same place-in the crease of the bag under her eye. The starts by looking like a small cut and then gets yellow and crusty. It is in a small line. It usually is under just one eye but this time she has one in the exact same place under her other eye. She says it does not hurt or itch. I thought of impetigo maybe but its such a small spot and doesn't seem to spread. This has been happening for a year or two. She also often has dark circles uner her eyes (though she sleeps well)-I dont know if this is related, it just seems like her eyes are not healthy. We live overseas in a third world country and doctors here are not particularly reliable, though i may take her next time it happens. Any ideas?
Avatar dr f tn

Groups of tender small red papules appear most often around the eyes called periocular rash. The surrounding skin may be pink, and the skin surface often becomes dry and flaky.However, i would like to clarify if this sore is not of the blister kind to rule out the possibility of a herpes simplex virus. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Try to avoid manipulating the area to avoid secondary infection. It would really be helpful to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper evaluation. Treatment usually depends on the underlying cause.

Take  care and regards.