Sores will not heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sores will not heal

I have small circular sores on the backs of my arms and buttocks and thighs. They have been there and gotten slightly worse since June of 2008. I have tried the following home remedies over the last months: Cream of Tartar, Honey, oatmeal baths, taking sulfer, as well as mixing it with mutton and applied as a salve(The sulfer caused more irriation.) I have sought medical care. I have been tested for MRSA-results neg, I have been given a round of anitibiotics that are sulfer based, I also took a round of Keflex. During July I was given a cortizone shot as well as a round of prednisone, mainly for a in the blood reaction to poison ivy. (Which had broken out under the skin in my hands and on my face.) Currently I am waiting on test results where I am being tested for Shingles- however because breakout is on both sides of my body the test results are expected to be negative. Currently the sores are tender to the touch. and itch. I have also been taking a vitamin for skin hair and nails, hoping for an improvement. My hair and nails are growing! When I tried the honey again, the places on by behind became very sore. I am very uncomfortable. It doesnot seem to be contagious, as I have shared baths and bed with my partner and he has not broken out.