Dermatology Community
Spider Veins there!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spider Veins there!

OMG...Not to sound lewd, but after masturbating this morning I went into the bathroom to clean myself. I noticed my erect penis was covered with thin red spider veins! All this occurred after a brisk one hour walk. I have noticed some of spider veins around my ankles as well. I have also had a nasty, itchy rash between my scrotum and anus for sometime. I get this about once a year and it won't seem to go away. I usually just consider it jock itch.

Seeing as I'm concerned about circulation anyway, is this reason for alarm?
Related Discussions
Hi,
An itchy rash in the groin is usually due to Tinea cruris, a fungal infection also called Jock's itch.

Affected areas may appear red, tan, or brown, with flaking, rippling, peeling, or cracking skin, associated with itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus.
Tinea cruris is best treated with antifungal drugs like tolnaftate, clotrimazole or miconazole applied on the area.

To prevent recurrence you need to keep the area clean and dry by using talcum powder.Powders with menthol or zinc oxide may be used, like Gold Bond medicated powder, to soothe the itch.

Spider veins are simply broken capillaries or burst blood vessels with no biological purpose. This means spider veins can be removed with no harm to you.
The exact cause of spider veins can be hard to pinpoint, however, spider veins can be triggered by sun damage, hormone changes, pregnancy, hereditary, and rosacea.

Laser Vein Removal has become the preferred method of getting rid of spider veins.
REF:http://www.veintreatmentforum.com/vein-conditions.cfm?proc=Spider-Veins&detail=Y
REF:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_cruris
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank