Spider bite to burning lips?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Spider bite to burning lips?

So i was bit by a spider that was .5cm and brown, everyone thinks + my family doc it was a brown recluse. it has remained looking the same for past two weeks.  two days after my spider bite i bought blistex mint medicated chap stick from walgreens... my lips were on FIRE the next day. i immediately stopped using the chapstick and called my doctor. he had prescribed me steroid creme for the bite, and told me to just buy cortizone. it's been two weeks, and NOTHING has changed except worsened if any for my lips...the bumps on them have gone away and now they are bright red and have such sensitivity it constantly feels as if they are on fire even though i put aquaphor, cortizone, cold core swabs, etc...i have tried so many things. PLEASE help, i've seen my doctor twice in the past few weeks, and it's costly to go back.....i have pictures of the bite....before and now, and my lips before. ps- there is about a half inch hard kinda faint rash/longer smoother bumps under my lip that makes them appear huge, they burn equally as much as my lips. ITCHING BURN... please help  

here are pictures : http://www.flickr.com/photos/50896933@N08/4670183585/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50896933@N08/4670810254/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50896933@N08/4670810086/    > my lips have no bumps on them now... by the way.
From the description the possibility of a brown recluse spider bite cannot be ignored. Apply cold compresses on the area and some calamine lotion. Please do not scratch the inflamed area as this may lead to open wounds and secondary infections. You may apply a mild steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone cream and take OTC anthistaminics like benadryl or Claritin. In case of intense itching an oral dose of anti-histamine like Dimetapp, Chlortrimeton is very effective in relieving itch. Once the itch stops, you will stop scratching as well and the healing will take place faster.

But if the symptoms do not improve or worsen then pls consult a dermatologist a course of antibiotics and a jab of steroid may be needed to stop the inflammation.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.