Dermatology Expert Forum
Split skin in folds of groin...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Split skin in folds of groin...

It seems that I have a reoccurance of what is a heat rash or some kind of fungal infection.  I put on some clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream one night.  The next morning as I was showering, I was washing the area in the folds of the groin and the skin split and bled.  Subsequently, I went to the Dermatologist and he gave me some Desonide nad Leprox.  He thought that the skin was rather thin in the area and that the Clotrimazloe and Beamethasone Cream was too strong.  Other than that, he didn't think there was anything serious going on.

My question is...could this be herpes?  Also, is it normal to get heat rash in winter....although I was in Florida the week prior.  I never ever had heat rashes in my life and now I have gotten two in a period of 8 months.  I never had bleeding before in that area.  I have been applying bacitracin to the skin split.

Should it be kept dry or moist.

--tom