Splotchy skin on my stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Splotchy skin on my stomach

About 3 summers ago I noticed the center of my stomach doesn't tan, and going outwards it starts to get splotchy and dotted looking. The darker I tan the more obvious the spots are. I don't tan that much so I just ignored it, but this summer I'm actually tanning and it's getting embarrassing. The very center of my stomach is slightly dry, but doesn't itch. It recently has even spread to my upper thighs. Please help. Thank you.
The symptoms are suggestive of pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
hey, i have the same thing and i searched it up and other people say its tinea versicolour, basically they said its that your body cant control the amount of yeast in your body and they prevent dots on your body from getting tanned. they say its easy to treat