Spontaneous Blood Blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Spontaneous Blood Blisters

I woke up this morning and appear to have spontaneously developed a small (approx. 1 mm) blood blister about an inch below the outside corner of my right eye.  This is painful, and much more painful when touched.  It is only slightly raised, and I've not popped it.

I also noticed when looking in the mirror that, in the exact same spot under my left eye, there is a dark spot that is about the same size.  I'm guessing that is another coming in.  Does anyone have any insight into how symmetrical blood blisters spontaneously appear?  I try to google it, but all the results are for the blisters being exactly symmetrical (round or oval), as opposed to being symmetrical across the body.

Tags: spontaneous, blood blister, symmetrical
A blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. It consists of a pool of lymph, blood and other body fluids trapped beneath the skin.

Applying zinc cream to the area can also help dry up the blister and speed the healing process. If they break then apply an antibiotic cream.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.