Dermatology Expert Forum
Spot/Lump under armpit and in groin area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Spot/Lump under armpit and in groin area

I'm a 21 year old male. I woke up this morning with a really stiff neck and back ache, which I assumed was because I had slept in a bad position.

However, I also noticed a lump/spot under my armpit. It is red in colour and very painful and tender to touch. It is a bit bigger than a pea. I have an identical kind of lump/spot in my groin area. Both these lumps/spots appeared today and they are both sore/tender. I looked online and it seems it could be something related to my lymph nodes -- but I don't feel ill or like I have a cold/am fighting an infection (yet, anyway). This may be weird and mean nothing, but I had a hot jacuzzi bath a couple nights ago so not sure if that could have caused this?

Is this something I should be majorly concerned about? I have a very busy couple weeks and would rather not see my doctor unless it could be something very serious. Am I "safe" to wait it out and see if they disappear by themselves, or is this something I should get checked out immediately?

Thank you!