Spot on Cheek
I have a nickle sized, round area of skin discoloration on my left cheek below my eye. This discoloration developed about a year ago. I have fair skin and the spot is red/brown in color. There is also a slight burning/tingling sensation to it. I am 31 years old and wear sunscreen daily. I had problems with acne in the past, but that has mostly resolved. Any suggestions on what this could be? How would I treat it?
Thanks,
Amy
May be tinea versicolor,responds to canesten creme,however do consult your doc.
From the symptoms it sounds like tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities.Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

Most cases of fungal infection respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.