Spot on Lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Spot on Lip

I have a purple spot on my lower lip. I have had it for over a year. It is smooth, round and about 1/16 on an inch in diameter. It doesn't appear to be getting any bigger, but it also doesn't appear to be going away. What is it and how can I get rid of it.

I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it sounds like lentigo. It is a small, sharply circumscribed, pigmented macule surrounded by normal-appearing skin.
You cannot remove them at home.Cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen and laser are the main treatment modalities.Although there are many skin creams like hydroquinone and salicylic acid,but their use needs prescription .I would recommend a dermatologist’s consultation for this.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sir,
     I am having spots on my lower lip from last 6months. I advised it with a Dermatologist. He confirmed that it is vitiligo. The colour changes frequently like sometimes it very red(visible) and sometimes it is very normal. Dr advised with PLACENTREX,OCTAMOP 10mg & MELGAIN. Will u pls suggest me that is treatment is on right track? How much time it will take to effect on medicine?