Dermatology Expert Forum
Spot on my Head
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Spot on my Head

First I need to point out that I really do panick about things and get stressed more than the average person. However I felt a spot on my scalp earlier today just like a small, hard spot well I went to the toilet and thought nothing of it until I saw how  red it was it looked like a blood spot.  I thought this may be just more red as my scalp is so pale in comparison to how a spot would look on my arm or body.Well me being me  I straight away went on the net and started seeing pages about precancerous growths etc.. and how they start as wart like lumps. I called my husband in tears (as I say I do panick) he said calm down it is probably just a spot dont be so silly. The thought of going to the doctors scares the hell out of me incase it is something really bad, so I thought I would try you first. In your opinion are there any harmless ailments this could be, like i say its just a small, spot but the reason I am worried is it looks bright red! i have messed with it though... I look forward to your response!! and hope that with me trying to be a doctor all these pages on growths is not what I have myself.

Thanks for listening

Mandy