Spots on leg - first red, then turned brown

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi there,

I have a few spots that recently showed up on my thigh.  One is about the size of a quarter, the other the size of a dime with little spots in between.  They were red at first and almost looked like I'd burned myself on something or come into contact with some type of plant and had a reaction to it.  About a week later, they turned brown and now (a few weeks later) are still light brown.  They weren't itchy or painful, they just don't look very good.  Any idea what it might be?

Thank you!
  • Spots (1 replies):
    i have a red spot on my hand with tiny bumps around it
  • Rash or What? (1 replies):
    hello doctor, i noticed a big roung red non itchy pat...[more]
  • little red dots (1 replies):
    I don't know how I got them, but I've had them for over ...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have got a Circle about 1.5cm wide but the circle is m...[more]
  • Small, Red bumps, NOT itchy (2 replies):
    For about 3 weeks now I've had a small patch of little r...[more]
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be granuloma annulare, nummular dermatitis or ringworm( if it is itchy). Granuloma annulare consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.