Steroid Induced Rosacea
I'm sure to be suffering from Steroid Induced Rosacea.  Everything I read matches up exactly with what I'm experiencing.  I used Desonide Lotion for almost 2 years.  Suddenly, I got a flare-up, stopped the steroid, but now my entire face (everywhere I was applying Desonide) is exptremely red, bumpy, inflamed, itchy, SUPER DRY/FLAKY, and has some blistery whiteheads.  I look like a monster!!!  I'm on Doxycycline and Metrogel, but will this EVER go away???  I can't live with this!  I've always had such beautiful skin.  I won't even leave my apartmetn to get the mail!
I look like a moster!!!  Please help!!  What can I do for the severe dry skin ... looks like I'm shedding!!

Thank you,
L.C.
From the symptoms it sounds like steroid induced rosacea. Steroid induced rosacea or dermatitis is an adverse effects of using steroids. Some patients develop steroid-induced rosacea within weeks of applying a topical steroid; others may not experience it for years.
Avoiding rosacea triggers, such as caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol, also may help clear the skin. Also use of antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens and tacrolimus(available by prescription) helps but consultation of a dermatologist is required first. The other possibility of eczema has to be ruled out after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.